Are you looking for a delicious and healthy salad recipe that will keep you on track with your Optavia Lean and Green meal plan? Look no further! This Blackened Shrimp Salad with Avocado and lemon Herb Vinaigrette is not only packed with flavor, but it’s also low in calories and full of nutritious ingredients.
If you’re tired of the same old salads and want to spice up your Optavia meals, this recipe is perfect for you. With the bold flavors of blackened shrimp, creamy avocado, and zesty lemon herb vinaigrette, this salad will satisfy your taste buds and keep you feeling satisfied.
In this article, I’ll walk you through the steps to make this delicious Optavia Lean and Green Blackened Shrimp Salad with Avocado & Lemon Herb Vinaigrette. Get ready to enjoy a mouthwatering meal that will help you stay on track with your health and weight loss goals.
Optavia Lean and Green Blackened Shrimp Salad with Avocado & Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
Optavia Lean and Green Blackened Shrimp Salad with Avocado & Lemon Herb Vinaigrette is a delightful dish that combines zesty flavors and healthy ingredients. Juicy blackened shrimp are paired with a refreshing mix of romaine lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and creamy avocado. Drizzled with a tangy Avocado & Lemon Herb Vinaigrette, this salad offers a satisfying and nutritious meal. Enjoy the bold flavors and vibrant textures in each bite!
Type: Lean and Green Main Course
Recipe Yield: 2 Serving
Calories: 310 Calories
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Avocado & Lemon Herb Vinaigrette:
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- Blackened Shrimp:
- 1 lb. raw, medium-sized, peeled, deveined shrimp
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 oz. cubed avocado
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
Avocado & Lemon Herb Vinaigrette::
- The shrimp provides a substantial protein boost, making this salad a satisfying and nutritious meal.
- This salad is relatively low in calories, making it a great choice for those watching their calorie intake.
- Some ingredients, such as Dijon mustard and scallions, may not be readily available to everyone.
How to make Optavia Avocado Shrimp Salad taste better?
Alright, let’s get straight to it. If you want to take your Avocado and blackened Shrimp Salad to the next level while sticking to your ‘Lean and Green’ goals, here’s how:
- Swap out that dried basil in your vinaigrette for a teaspoon of fresh basil. Fresh is always better and it gives a pop of flavor that dried herbs just can’t match.
- Add a quick splash of lemon juice, about a teaspoon, to your shrimp before you blacken them. Trust me, the citrus will work wonders with those spices, making the shrimp even more succulent.
- Make sure that skillet is piping hot before your shrimp hits the pan. Give it a good 3-5 minutes on high heat so you get a nice, quick sear on the shrimp.
- Don’t forget to give your veggies some love. A dash of salt and a drizzle of lemon juice over your lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes will make all the difference in the world.
- For picture-perfect avocado cubes, slice them while they’re still in the shell. This ensures an even size and better distribution in your salad.
- Finally, garnish with a tablespoon of freshly chopped cilantro or parsley. It’s a simple touch that adds both color and flavor, without messing up your calorie count.
So there you have it. With these tweaks, your meal still lands perfectly within one Leanest serving, two Healthy Fats, three Greens, and three Condiments. You’re not just eating healthy; you’re eating gourmet. Enjoy your lean and green shrimp recipe!