Are you tired of eating boring salads on your Optavia diet? Do you crave something with a little more flavor and excitement? Look no further than the Optavia Lean and Green Mexican Shrimp Salad Aguachile!
This delicious and vibrant dish will satisfy your taste buds while still staying within the guidelines of your Optavia plan. Gone are the days of bland and uninspiring salads. With the Optavia Lean and Green Mexican Shrimp Salad Aguachile, you can enjoy a burst of Mexican flavors in every bite. This salad is packed with fresh ingredients like juicy shrimp, crisp vegetables, and zesty lime juice, creating a refreshing and satisfying meal that is both healthy and delicious.
In this article, I will share the recipe for the Optavia Lean and Green Mexican Shrimp Salad Aguachile, along with some tips and tricks to make it even more flavorful. Get ready to elevate your Optavia meals and indulge in a salad that is anything but boring.
Optavia Lean and Green Mexican Shrimp Salad Aguachile
Indulge in the vibrant flavors of Mexico with this delightful Lean and Green Mexican Shrimp Salad Aguachile. Succulent, tender shrimp take center stage in this zesty dish, elevated by a refreshing blend of lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno. The crisp crunch of cucumber and radishes adds a delightful contrast, while creamy avocado and scallions round out the ensemble, creating a harmony of textures and tastes. This salad is a perfect embodiment of a balanced and wholesome meal, bursting with nutrients and the invigorating essence of Mexican cuisine.
Type: Lean and Green Main Course
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
Calories: 390 Calories
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 lbs. small, raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 12 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 avocados
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Begin by bringing water to a boil and adding the shrimp. Cook them for 1 to 2 minutes, then strain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine lime juice, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, and pepper. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
- Pour the flavorful marinade over the cooked shrimp. Toss the shrimp with cucumber, radishes, avocado, and scallions, ensuring every ingredient is coated in the delightful mixture.
- Refrigerate the salad until you're ready to serve. When it's time to enjoy, prepare one portion by serving 7 ounces of the marinated shrimp alongside 1 cup of crisp cucumber, ¼ cup of thinly sliced radishes, 3 ounces of creamy avocado, and a ¼ portion of the scallions. Revel in the invigorating fusion of flavors that captures the essence of Mexico in every bite.
- With a harmonious balance of protein, healthy fats from avocado, and a variety of vegetables, this salad perfectly aligns with a balanced diet, making it an excellent choice for a fulfilling and well-rounded meal.
- The recipe involves several steps, including marinating the shrimp and preparing the various vegetables. As a result, it may require a bit more time and effort in the kitchen.
How to make Optavia Lean and Green Mexican Shrimp Salad Aguachile taste better?
To definitively improve this Optavia shrimp recipe while adhering to the “Lean and Green” guidelines, do the following six steps:
- Brine the shrimp in a 1/4 cup salt and 4 cups water solution for 15-20 minutes to enhance their juiciness.
- Instead of boiling, blanch the shrimp for 45-60 seconds until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F for better texture and flavor.
- Infuse the lime juice with fresh mint or basil for 30 minutes before blending to elevate the marinade.
- Char the jalapeño over an open flame for 2 minutes before adding it to the blender to introduce a smoky undertone.
- Use freshly ground black pepper instead of pre-ground, sticking to the 1/4 teaspoon measurement.
- Add the avocado last and fold it in gently to maintain its texture.
By following these tips, your recipe will still qualify as one Leanest, two Healthy Fats, three Greens, and two Condiments, but the flavors will be significantly enhanced.