Are you tired of the same old boring chicken soup? Looking for a delicious and nutritious twist on classic comfort food? Look no further than Optavia Lean and Green Chicken & Dumpling Soup Bori Bori!
This mouthwatering recipe brings together the flavors of tender chicken, fluffy dumplings, and a rich broth to create a satisfying meal that will warm your soul.
Whether you’re following the Optavia program or simply looking for a wholesome and flavorful dish, this recipe is a must-try.
With its combination of lean protein, hearty vegetables, and comforting dumplings, it’s the perfect option for a healthy and filling meal. Get ready to indulge in the ultimate comfort food without any guilt or compromise.
In this recipe, we’ll dive into the details of how to make this delectable Optavia Lean and Green Chicken & Dumpling Soup Bori Bori. From the ingredients you’ll need to the step-by-step instructions, we’ll guide you through the process of creating this delicious dish that will leave your taste buds satisfied and your body nourished.
Optavia Lean and Green Chicken & Dumpling Soup Bori Bori
Enjoy the comforting embrace of Bori Bori Chicken & Dumpling Soup with this delightful recipe. Tender boneless chicken breasts, bathed in savory chicken stock with diced celery, turnips, and red bell peppers, create a symphony of flavors. The real star of the show? The reduced-fat parmesan dumplings, made with love and a touch of egg, adding a delightful texture to the dish. Let your taste buds revel in the heartwarming goodness of this soul-soothing bowl, a perfect balance of taste and comfort. Try this chicken and dumpling soup recipe for an exquisite home-cooked delight.
Type: Lean and Green Main Course
Cuisine: Southeast Asian
Recipe Yield: 4 Serving
Calories: 370 Calories
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 3/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups small-diced celery
- 2 cups small-diced turnips
- 2 cups small-diced red bell peppers
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- In a stockpot, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and ½ tsp of salt. Cover the pot and simmer gently for about 20 minutes until the chicken breasts become tender.
- Once the chicken is tender, remove it from the broth and set it aside to cool. Once cooled, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces using a fork or your fingers.
- Return the stockpot to a low simmer and add the small-diced celery, turnips, and red bell peppers. Cook the vegetables slowly for about 5 to 7 minutes until they become tender.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the pot and bring the soup to a gentle boil to heat through.
- For the parmesan dumplings, bring a small pot of water to a very low simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the reduced-fat parmesan cheese with the large egg to make a batter.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully scoop and drop 12 small dumplings of the parmesan batter into the simmering water. Cook the dumplings gently for about 1 to 2 minutes until they float to the surface.
- Remove the dumplings from the water using a slotted spoon, and place them on a paper towel to allow any excess water to drain. The dumplings will firm up as they cool.
- To serve, divide the soup and dumplings into four bowls. Each serving should have approximately 2¼ cups of soup with three delicious dumplings on top.
- Optional Tip: If you prefer, you can bake the dumplings in the oven. Simply place the 12 dumplings on a non-stick baking sheet and bake them at 400°F for 5 minutes until they become lightly golden.
- The recipe allows for flexibility in vegetable choices, making it easy to customize based on personal preferences or seasonal availability.
- The recipe involves several steps, including cooking the chicken, preparing the dumplings, and dicing the vegetables, which may take some time and effort to complete.
What Are The Cooking Tips For Lean and Green Chicken & Dumpling Soup Bori Bori?
To make the broth more flavorful, consider adding traditional Paraguayan ingredients such as achiote (annatto seeds) for color and flavor, and sautéing onions and garlic before adding the chicken stock. This will give your vorí vorí a deeper, more authentic flavor.
Add some chopped fresh cilantro or parsley towards the end of the cooking process. This will infuse the broth with a fresh herbal aroma and taste.
To ensure the chicken is juicy and flavorful, consider marinating the chicken breasts in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper for at least an hour before cooking. This will tenderize the meat and infuse it with more flavor.
The key to a good vorí vorí is the texture. Instead of only using chicken breast, consider using a mix of chicken thigh and breast. The thigh meat is juicier and will add another layer of texture to the soup.
For the parmesan dumplings, try adding a small amount of cornmeal or yucca flour to the batter. This will give the dumplings a slightly different texture and a more traditional taste.
Remember, the best Optavia chicken soup dishes come from a mix of traditional methods and personal touch. Feel free to adjust the recipe to your preferences, but these tips should help you achieve a more authentic and flavorful vorí vorí!
Here’s the side-by-side graph. On the left, we have the serving size categories: 1 Leaner, 3 Green, and 2 Condiment. On the right, we have the macros: 370 Calories, 49 g Protein, 18 g Carb, and 10 g Healthy Fat.