Introducing a delectable recipe that perfectly aligns with the Optavia Diet 5 and 1 Plan – Stuffed Chicken with Swiss Chard and Ricotta. This delightful dish features tender and lean boneless, skinless chicken breasts filled with a nutritious blend of Swiss chard and reduced-fat ricotta, making it a wholesome and satisfying choice for your Optavia meal plan.
To prepare this savory dish, we butterfly each chicken breast to ensure even cooking and then gently pound them to achieve a consistent thickness. The Swiss chard is sautéed to perfection with garlic, adding a burst of flavor and vibrant color to the mix. The wilted chard is then combined with nutmeg-infused ricotta, creating a creamy and nutritious filling that complements the lean protein of the chicken.
As part of the Optavia 5 and 1 Plan, this recipe offers a balanced and wholesome meal option to support your health and weight management goals. With its careful selection of ingredients and mindful portion control, this Stuffed Chicken with Swiss Chard and Ricotta fits seamlessly into your Optavia Diet journey.
Once the chicken breasts are stuffed with the delightful chard-ricotta mixture, they are roasted to perfection in the oven, resulting in tender and succulent chicken with a burst of delightful flavors.
Whether you’re following the Optavia Diet or simply seeking a nutritious and flavorful meal, this Stuffed Chicken with Swiss Chard and Ricotta is a delightful addition to your dining repertoire. So, let’s get cooking and savor every delicious and healthful bite on your journey towards a healthier lifestyle!
Optavia Lean and Green Chard and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast
Stuffed Chicken with Swiss Chard and Ricotta. This delightful dish features tender and juicy chicken breasts filled with a flavorful mixture of Swiss chard and reduced-fat ricotta, creating a harmonious blend of taste and texture.
Type: Lean and Green Main Course
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
Calories: 290 Calories
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 4 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- To prepare the chicken breasts, use a sharp knife to butterfly each breast by slicing into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side. Open out the breast so that it resembles a butterfly, then gently pound the chicken to create an even thickness. Place the prepared chicken breasts in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and rotate the pan to evenly coat the surface. Add the chopped Swiss chard to the pan and toss it with olive oil. Continue cooking until the chard has fully wilted.
- Add the minced garlic, half of the kosher salt, and half of the ground black pepper to the skillet. Continue cooking until the garlic becomes aromatic, which takes about 1 minute. Transfer the cooked chard to a clean mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F.
- While the oven is preheating, combine the reduced-fat ricotta and ground nutmeg with the cooled chard mixture in the mixing bowl.
- Retrieve the chicken breasts from the refrigerator and season them with the remaining kosher salt and ground black pepper. Fill each chicken breast with an equal amount of the chard-ricotta filling.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts in a single layer in a nonstick oven-safe pan. Put the pan into the preheated oven and roast the chicken for 25 to 30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165⁰F.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- The recipe can be easily customized by adding other vegetables or herbs to the stuffing or adjusting the seasonings according to personal preferences.
- The combination of garlic, nutmeg, and reduced-fat ricotta creates a flavorful and creamy stuffing that complements the chicken and Swiss chard, making this dish a delightful culinary experience.
- The butterfly and stuffing process for the chicken breasts might require extra time and attention, making this recipe less suitable for quick weeknight dinners.
More About Lean and Green Chard and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
When butterflying that chicken breast, make sure your knife is super sharp. It’ll glide through the chicken much easier and reduce any risk of tearing the meat. Swiss chard can sometimes have a bit of grit from the fields. Give it a good rinse in cold water and dry it off with a salad spinner or kitchen towel before tossing it in that skillet.
Want a creamier texture? Consider blending your ricotta in a food processor for a few seconds before mixing it with the chard. It’ll give your filling a silkier, more luxurious feel.
Freshly grated nutmeg can make a world of difference in flavor! If you’ve got whole nutmeg and a microplane grater, give it a whirl. The aroma and taste are unparalleled compared to the pre-ground stuff.
This graph shows the percentage of proteins, carbs, and fats for this Optavia chicken recipe.