Are you looking for a flavorful and healthy meal that fits into your Optavia Lean and Green plan? Look no further than this delicious Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken recipe! With its vibrant spices and easy preparation, this dish is sure to become a staple in your meal rotation.
Tandoori chicken is a popular Indian dish known for its bold flavors and tender, juicy chicken. By using a sheet pan, you can simplify the cooking process and have a complete meal ready in no time. Whether you’re following the Optavia 5 and 1 plan, 3 and 3 plan, or simply looking for a nutritious and satisfying dish, this recipe is a winner.
In this article, I’ll guide you through the steps of making Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken, including the necessary ingredients and cooking instructions. Get ready to impress your taste buds and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal!
Optavia Lean and Green Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori Chicken Thighs with Roasted Vegetables: Tender boneless, skinless chicken thighs marinated in reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt and aromatic tandoori spice mix. Baked to perfection with a colorful medley of sliced red bell peppers and fresh tomatoes. A burst of flavors, topped with coarsely cut cilantro for a delightful and healthy meal. Enjoy this delicious dish with a touch of Indian-inspired flair!
Type: Lean and Green Main Course
Recipe Yield: 4 Serving
Calories: 300 Calories
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tandoori spice mix
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 3 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 3 cups sliced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely cut
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Begin by removing any visible fat from the chicken thighs and placing them in a mixing bowl.
- In the same bowl with the chicken, add the reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt, tandoori spice mix, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix everything well, ensuring the chicken is evenly coated with the delightful marinade.
- Grab a sheet pan and spread out the sliced fresh red bell peppers and juicy tomatoes. Sprinkle them with ¼ teaspoon of salt to enhance their natural flavors.
- Now, place the marinated chicken thighs on top of the bed of colorful vegetables, allowing the flavors to meld together during baking.
- Slide the sheet pan into the preheated oven and let it bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked to perfection and the vegetables turn tender and juicy.
- Once done, divide the flavorful ensemble into 4 equal portions, and give each portion a generous sprinkling of coarsely cut cilantro for that final burst of freshness.
- Serve this mouthwatering Tandoori Chicken Thighs with Roasted Vegetables hot, and savor the delightful fusion of spices and roasted goodness that will leave your taste buds craving for more! Enjoy!
- This recipe is relatively simple to make, making it a convenient choice for busy individuals who want to enjoy a homemade, restaurant-quality dish without extensive cooking skills.
- Some store-bought tandoori spice mixes may contain added salt or other additives, so it's essential to choose a high-quality mix with minimal additives or make a homemade spice blend to control the ingredients.
Cooking Tips For Optavia Lean and Green Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken
For a deeper flavor, consider marinating the chicken thighs in the Greek yogurt and tandoori spice mix overnight or for at least 4 hours. This allows the spices to penetrate the meat more thoroughly, resulting in a more flavorful dish.
Before placing the chicken on top of the vegetables, drizzle the tomatoes and bell peppers with high-quality olive oil or melted ghee. This not only enhances the flavor but also promotes even roasting, giving the vegetables a nice char.
Halfway through the cooking process, baste the chicken with its own juices or a little melted ghee. This helps to keep the chicken moist and adds a rich, buttery flavor.
Always ensure that your spices, especially the tandoori spice mix, are fresh. Spices lose their potency over time, and using fresh spices can make a big difference in the final flavor of the dish.
After you’ve taken the chicken and vegetables out of the oven, finish the dish with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice. This adds a burst of freshness and acidity, balancing the rich flavors of the tandoori chicken.
This graph illustrates the macronutrients and serving size for this lean and green chicken dinner, including the amount of protein (Lean), amount of carbs (Green), amount of healthy fat (Condiment), and the total calories per serving.