If you’re searching for an Optavia shopping list for Aldi, you’re in for a treat becasue me and my wife shop there regularly.
Although Aldi doesn’t have a large selection of foods, their prices are highly competitive, especially for meats and meatless options.
To make your shopping experience easier, we’ve compiled an updated Optavia Aldi list featuring all of the approved products that you can find at your local Aldi store.
What are the benefits of shopping at Aldi?
- Save money
- Save time
We love shopping at Aldi for our Optavia grocery needs, mainly because of their affordable prices.
While there are numerous other benefits to shopping there, affordability takes the top spot for us.
Don’t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure that the majority of products stocked at Aldi are private label brands.
You can easily see it just by taking a look at the store aisles.
(A few I’ve never seen before.)
Which is good becasue you’re not paying a premium for a well-known brand name.
Although their selection is limited, you can still find all the Optavia diet foods you need without having to choose from 30 different kinds of ketchup or yogurts.
Another great feature of Aldi stores is their size.
They’re relatively small, which means you don’t have to spend hours navigating through endless aisles.
Interestingly, Aldi stores are around 18,000 square feet, according to their website.
(This is five times smaller than Walmart.)
You can simply walk in and out with what you need.
While shopping at Aldi has many benefits, there are also a few drawbacks to keep in mind.
One of the downsides is that you won’t find as many fancy or premium brands as you might find in other grocery stores.
This can be especially true when it comes to specialty items like sugar-free salad dressings, pasta sauces, or other condiments.
While Aldi carries a wide variety of food items, including breakfast cereals, chips, bars, and shakes, it can be tough to find options that are specifically tailored to the Optavia program.
Forget about finding deals on Optavia fueling alternatives, like in Costco or other stores.
So if you’re looking for a specific brand that isn’t commonly available, you may need to look elsewhere.
Optavia Shopping List at Aldi
Although there are hundreds of items on the shelves available at Aldi, the Optavia shopping list below includes officially approved foods that you can include for your lean and green meals.
Lean Aldi shopping list
- Kirkwood Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (White): 6 oz = 1 Leaner
- Kirkwood Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Dark): 5 oz = 1 Lean
- Kirkwood 93% Lean Fresh Ground Turkey: 5 oz = 1 Lean
- Extra Lean 96% Ground Beef: 6 oz = 1 Leaner
- Thin Sliced Ribeye Steak: 5 oz = 1 Lean
- Boneless Center Cut Pork Chop: 6 oz = 1 Leanest
- Fresh Never Frozen Atlantic Salmon: 5 oz = 1 Lean
- Mediterranean Herb Atlantic Salmon: 5 oz = 1 Lean
- Fresh Tilapia Fillets: 7 oz = 1 Leanest
- Simply Nature Mild Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage: 2 links = 1 Leaner
- Never Any Mild Italian Chicken Sausage: 2 links = 1 Leaner
- Never Any Country Style Chicken Breakfast Sausage: 2 1/2 links = 1/2 Lean
- Park Street Deli Broccoli Stuffed Chicken: 1 serving = 1 Leaner and 1 Green
- Park Street Deli Artichoke Stuffed Chicken: 1 serving = 1 Leaner
Green Aldi shopping list
- Sugar Snap Peas (8 oz): 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Iceberg Lettuce: 1 Cup = 1 Green
- Simply Nature Organic Baby Spinach (5 oz): 1 Cup = 1 Green
- Little Salad Bar Flat Leaf Spinach (8 oz): 1 Cup = 1 Green
- Little Salad Bar Spring Mix (5 oz): 1 Cup = 1 Green
- Simply Nature Organic Spring Mix: 1 Cup = 1 Green
- Little Salad Bar Sweet Butter Lettuce: 1 Cup = 1 Green
- Asparagus: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Bell Peppers / Mini Sweet Peppers: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Broccoli: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Butternut Squash: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Cabbage: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Celery: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Cauliflower: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Seasons Choice Riced Cauliflower: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Cucumber: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Green Beans: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Tomatoes (cherry, Roma): 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Jalapeno Peppers: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Mushrooms: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Yellow Squash: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Zucchini: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Simply Nature Organic Chopped Kale (12 oz): 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
Meatless Aldi shopping list
- Earth Grown Meatless Breakfast Patties: 3 1/4 patties = 1 Lean
- Earth Grown Meatless Breakfast Links: 2 links = 1 Lean
- Earth Grown Vegan Zesty Italian Meatless Meatballs: 10 meatballs = 1 Lean
- Earth Grown Vegan Classic Meatless Meatballs: 10 meatballs = 1 Lean
- Earth Grown Firm or Extra Firm Organic Tofu: 10 oz = 1 Lean
Dairy Aldi shopping list
- Friendly Farms Unsweetened Original Almondmilk: 1 cup – 1 Condiment
- Friendly Farms Lactose-Free or Fat-free Milk: 1 Tbsp = 1 Condiment
- Golden Liquid Egg Whites: 2 cups = 1 Leanest; 3 Tbsp = 1 Condiment
- Simply Nature Cage Free Brown Eggs: 3 eggs = 1 Lean
- Emporium Selection Reduced Fat Feta Cheese Crumbles: 1 oz = 1 Condiment
- Friendly Farms Low Fat Cottage Cheese: 1 1/2 cups = 1 Leaner
- Happy Farms Spreadable Cheese Wedges: 1 wedge = 1 Healthy Fat
- Simply Nature Organic String Cheese: 4 sticks = 1 Lean
- Simply Nature Organic Mozzarella Shredded Cheese: 2 oz = 1/3 Leaner
- Emporium Selection Shredded Parmesan Cheese: 1 Tbsp = 1 Condiment
- Friendly Farm Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt: 12 oz = 1 Leanest; 2 Tbsp = 1 Condiment
- Friendly Farm Sour Cream: 1 tsp = 1 Condiment; 2 Tbsp = 1 Healthy Fat
- Countryside Creamery Irish Butter with Canola Oil: 1/2 Tbsp = 1 Healthy Fat
- Barissimo Sugar Free French Vanilla Coffee Creamer: 1 Tbsp = 1 Condiment
Frozen meals Aldi shopping list
- Season’s Choice Riced Cauliflower: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Season’s Choice Steamed Asparagus Spears: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Season’s Choice Steamed Broccoli Florets: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Season’s Choice Steam Cut Green Beans: 1/2 Cup = 1 Green
- Sea Queen Medium Cooked Shrimp: 7 oz = 1 Leanest
- Fremont Fish Market Jumbo EZ Peel Raw Shrimps: 7 oz = 1 Leanest
- Fremont Wild Caught Teriyaki Salmond Burger: 2 patties = 1 Lean
- Sea Queen Wild Caught Teriyaki or Chipotle Salmon Burgers: 2 burgers = 1 Lean
- Specially Selected Jumbo Scallops: 7 oz = 1 Leanest
- Specially Selected Ahi Tuna Steaks: 5 oz = 1 Lean
- Fremont Fish Market Alaskan Cod Fillets: 7 oz = 1 Leanest
- Fremont Fish Market Flounder Fillets: 7 oz = 1 Leanest
- Fremont Fish Market Wild Caught Salmon: 5 oz = 1 Lean
- Kirkwood Mexi Cali Style Chicken Burgers: 1 1/4 burgers = 1 Lean
- Kirkwood Mediterranean Style Chicken Burgers: 1 burger = 1 Lean
Other Optavia approved foods in Aldi
- Carlini Olive Oil Cooking Spray: 10, 1/4 sec spray = 1 Condiment
- Simply Nature 100% Pure Avocado Oil: 1 tsp = 1 Healthy Fat
- Chef’s Cupboard Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth: 1 cup = 1 Condiment
- Park Street Deli Buffalo Cauliflower Dip: 2 Tbsp = 1 Healthy Fat
- Egglife Wraps: 1 wrap = 1 oz Lean
- Crepini Egg Wraps: 1 wrap = 1 Green
- Simply Nature Salsa (all flavor): 1 Tbsp = 1 Condiment
- Simply Nature Chia Seeds: 1 Tbsp = 1 Healthy Fat
- Tuscan Garden Raspberry Vinaigrette (Light): 2 Tbsp = 1 Healthy Fat
- Burman’s Yellow Mustard: 1 Tbsp = 1 Condiment
- Simply Nature Organic Marinara Pasta Sauce: 1/4 cup = 1 Green
- Simply Nature Spices (chili powder, ground cinnamon, garlic powder, ginger, oregano, paprika, pumpkin pie spice ): 1/2 tsp = 1 Condiment
- Baker’s Corner Almond Flour: 2 tsp = 1 Condiment; 1 1/2 Tbsp = 1 Healthy Fat
- Baker’s Corner Baking Soda: 1 tsp = 1 Condiment
- Sweet Additions Sucralose or Stevia Sweetener: 1/2 tsp = 1 Condiment
- Northern Catch Chunk Light Tuna in Water: 7 oz = 1 Leanest
- Tuscan Garden Large Pitted Ripe Olives: 5-10 olives = 1 Healthy Fat
- Avocado: 1 1/2 oz = 1 Healthy Fat
- Almond nuts: 1/3 oz (~8 pieces) = 1 Healthy Fat
- Hint Fruit Infused Water: 0 calories and sweetener
- Fit and Active Liquid Water Enhancer: 1/2 tsp = 0 calories and sweetener
- Starbucks Unsweetened Medium Roasted Iced Coffee: 12 oz = 1 Condiment
- Monster Ultra Zero Energy Drink: 1 can = 1 Condiment
- Elevation High Protein Shake: 1/2 shake = 1/3 Leaner
About meat serving size
A common question we receive regarding lean and green meats is the difference in serving size between cooked and frozen options.
To gain some insight, I contacted Optavia Nutrition support.
They explained that meats, poultry, and seafood tend to naturally shrink during cooking, which can vary depending on factors like cooking duration, method, and temperature.
To adjust for this, they suggested adding an extra 2 to 3 ounces to the desired cooked weight and emphasized the importance of weighing the cooked meat for accuracy.
Any excess can be saved for future meals.
The bottom line
Shopping for Optavia products doesn’t have to be a hard process. There is a vast selection of approved items from the Aldi stores.
Shopping smart and taking advantage of sale prices can save you money and time.
Last but not least, if you find any products approved, please help us by leaving a comment with your suggestions – this will be highly appreciated!
Thank you for taking the time to read through our article and we hope it has helped you plan better for your next grocery shopping expedition.