The Jenny Craig Diet refers to a commercial weight loss program developed by Jenny Craig, Inc. that went bankrupt in May 2023 after more than 40 years in business. However, in July 2023, it was acquired by Wellful Inc., the parent company of Nutrisystem, a direct-to-consumer wellness business. The Jenny Craig diet features individual counseling, ready-to-eat meals, and nutritional education, and has been endorsed by celebrities such as Brittany Cartwright and Kirstie Alley.
A 2015 study by Kimberly A. Gudzune from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine revealed that individuals on the Jenny Craig diet experienced an average weight loss of 4.9% over 12 months compared to control groups. Despite these scientific findings, consumer reviews on ConsumerAffairs, give Jenny Craig an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, with some reviews mentioning price as a factor in their rating.
When asked about the cost of the Jenny Craig diet, the pricing can vary widely, ranging from $420 to $840 per month depending on the meal plan you choose. Options include a basic plan that covers three meals a day, as well as the more comprehensive Max Up Weight Loss Meal Plan, which comes with Jenny Craig meals, snacks, desserts, and coaching. This range in pricing naturally leads to questions about how Jenny Craig operates, customer reviews, the details of the meal plans, whether they are worth the expense, and what alternative weight loss diets are available.
What is the Jenny Craig Diet?
The Jenny Craig diet is a weight loss program that delivers portion-controlled meals to your home, aiming for a weight loss of up to 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) per week, consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for sustainable weight loss.
The Jenny Craig diet offers personalized meal plans and weekly consultations with a dedicated consultant, depending on the chosen plan. These consultations are typically designed to last for 20 minutes each. According to their website, the 20-minute duration ensures you receive the necessary support and guidance throughout your weight loss journey.
Who is the founder of the Jenny Craig Diet?
The founder of the Jenny Craig Diet was Jenny Craig, born on August 7, 1932. She is an American weight loss guru and established Jenny Craig, Inc. Along with her husband, she has also made significant donations to educational institutions. Due to unforeseen circumstances, there was a recent Jenny Craig closing of some locations. However, these are set to reopen soon, and there is curiosity about what Jenny Craig’s plans will be after the reopening.
What is included in the Jenny Craig Diet?
The following list shows things included in the Jenny Craig Diet.
- Meals delivered directly to your door
- Variety of nutritious breakfast options
- Satisfying and flavorful lunch meals
- A diverse selection of dinner meals, including frozen and non-frozen options
- Healthy snacks and portion-controlled desserts
- One-on-one support and advice from trained Jenny Craig coaches
What is the purpose of the Jenny Craig Diet?
The Jenny Craig Diet is designed to offer a convenient and effective solution for weight loss, targeting an average loss of 1-2 pounds per week. The program delivers pre-packaged meals directly to clients’ doors and provides personalized counseling and nutritional education. It distinguishes itself among weight loss diets by combining meal delivery with individualized support to help clients achieve their health goals.
What are the Jenny Craig reviews?
Jenny Craig has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5 based on 533 reviews on ConsumerAffairs. Some customers have had positive experiences with the program, citing delicious food options like Tuna fish salad, broccoli and cheese potato, chicken fettuccine, and more. They also appreciated the support and inspiration from consultants who had successfully lost weight on the program.
However, there have been some negative reviews about Jenny Craig’s diet as well. Some customers experienced tummy troubles, cramping, bloating, and digestive issues while on the diet. Others felt that the program was not adequate for weight loss and were disappointed with the lack of helpful coaching and the denial of refund requests. This graph shows the distribution of overall reviews for Jenny Craig based on 533 reviews.
What are the Jenny Craig food reviews?
Jenny Craig’s food reviews vary but are mainly positive. On ConsumerAffairs and Trustpilot.com, many reviewers found the food delicious and cited weight loss numbers, such as losing 62 or 55 pounds, as proof of the program’s effectiveness. However, criticisms include the high cost and some instances of bland Jenny Craig meals, along with occasional reports of digestive issues like cramping and bloating.
How does the Jenny Craig Diet work?
The Jenny Craig Diet is a structured weight loss program that combines pre-packaged meals with personalized coaching support. Participants typically consume 1,200-2,300 calories per day, with women consuming around 1,200-1,500 calories and men consuming 1,800-2,300 calories.
This program provides three meals per day, along with snacks if included in the plan, and aims to help individuals achieve their weight loss goals through portion control and support. This video explains how the Jenny Craig diet works.
How does the Jenny Craig Diet work for weight loss?
The Jenny Craig Diet is effective for weight loss. A 2021 study by Marci Laudenslager from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine found that participants in the program achieved weight reductions between 7.1% and 10.9% at 12 months. On average, Jenny Craig participants lost 6.4 kg (14.1 lbs) at 12 months compared to those in a no-diet control group. The program also has potential benefits for individuals with type 2 diabetes, with reductions in A1c levels of 0.4% to 0.8% at 12 months, as shown in this graph.
How much weight can you lose on Jenny Craig in 2 weeks?
On the Jenny Craig Diet, men and women can expect to lose an average of 2-4 pounds in 2 weeks. This is based on the program’s target of losing 1-2 pounds per week.
What can I expect on the first day of the Jenny Craig Diet?
On the first day of the Jenny Craig Diet, you can expect to receive a delivery of 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners, 14 snacks, and 14 Recharge Bars. This will provide you with two weeks’ worth of meals, delivered directly to your doorstep.
This photo shows Jenny Craig’s Diet box delivered on the first day.
What kind of coaching support is provided on the first day of Jenny Craig’s diet?
On the first day of the Jenny Craig diet, customers who signed up for the Max Up Weight Loss Meal Plan receive personal coaching support to help them get started on their weight loss journey. This includes access to trained Jenny Craig coaches for one-on-one support and advice. Customers can expect to receive daily coaching and guidance throughout their program.
What are the benefits of Jenny Craig’s diet?
The benefits of the Jenny Craig diet are listed below.
- Jenny Craig’s diet is easy to follow and provides convenient prepackaged meals and snacks.
- The diet may help improve blood sugar management and lower triglyceride levels.
- Jenny Craig provides social support through their coaching program.
- Jenny Craig provides a sample menu and shopping list to help with meal planning.
- Jenny Craig offers over 100 meal choices, designed by experts, with under 300 calories per serving.
- Jenny Craig’s meals are free from artificial sweeteners, colors, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, and MSG.
What are the side effects of the Jenny Craig diet?
Here is a list of possible Jenny Craig side effects that may occur as a result of following the Jenny Craig diet.
- Mild gastrointestinal discomfort
- Bloating or gas
- Severe gastrointestinal issues
- Abdominal cramps
What is the Jenny Craig meal plan?
The Jenny Craig meal plan is a dietitian-designed program aimed at weight loss, offering a wide variety of foods ranging from chicken and cheese to vegetables and grains.
Meals are portion-controlled, with examples like the Baked Oat Breakfast Cookie containing 203 calories and the Moroccan Grain Salad having 256 calories. This photo shows the Jenny Craig dinner option – Three Cheese Macaroni with broccoli carrots.
The Jenny Craig meal plan includes options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, with meal sizes varying from 45g to 430g and calorie counts ranging from 180 to 335 calories per serving.
What is the Jenny Craig menu for week 1?
The Jenny Craig menu for week 1 includes three main meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) from the Jenny Craig lineup, along with an anytime bar, a fruit serving, a large vegetable serving, and a Jenny Craig snack or dessert.
Coffee with creamer is allowed as a limited free item, and there is an unlimited allowance for non-starchy vegetables for hunger relief. Following this plan, the individual typically loses an average of 2 pounds during the first week.
What are Jenny Craig’s diet plan recipes?
Jenny Craig’s diet plan offers recipes across eight categories, including the following:
- Meal Ideas
- Healthy Sides
- Sweet Treats
- Healthy Salads
- Free Foods
- Vegetarian options
These Jenny Craig recipes range from Mango and passion fruit Yoghurt Cups for dessert to Roast Carrot and fennel Soup, which features free foods like roasted carrots and fresh fennel.
The plan also introduces new seasonal menu items, including Thai Fish Cakes and Chicken Katsu Curry, aiming to provide diverse and exciting meal options.
What are the best Jenny Craig breakfast recipes?
One of the best Jenny Craig breakfast recipes is the Café Style Breakfast, which features Jenny Craig Caramelised Onion Fritters as the main ingredient. The recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare and serves one, combining the fritters with mushrooms, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and baby spinach, all cooked in a frypan. For an extra burst of flavor, the dietitian tip suggests adding a sprinkle of goat’s cheese or low-fat feta cheese to the dish.
What is the cost of Jenny Craig’s diet plan?
The new Jenny Craig Home-Delivery Plan has a higher daily cost, ranging from $21.25 to $25.00, but includes free shipping and no additional membership fees, making it a more all-inclusive package. On the other hand, the old Jenny Craig cost had a lower daily rate, between $10 and $20.78, but came with extra charges such as shipping fees and a potential annual enrollment fee of $99. Additionally, the old plan often necessitated extra budgeting for meals not included in the basic package.
What are the cheaper alternatives to the Jenny Craig diet?
The following are the 8 cheaper alternatives to the Jenny Craig Diet.
- Weight Watchers: Weight Watchers is a popular weight-loss program that offers a more affordable alternative to Jenny Craig. It focuses on healthy eating, portion control, and support from a community of members.
- Optavia: Optavia offers a low-carbohydrate, low-calorie weight loss program with the support of independent coaches. It provides affordable meal plans and online support.
- Noom: Noom is a mobile app-based weight-loss program that provides personalized coaching, meal planning, and tracking tools. It offers a more cost-effective option compared to Jenny Craig.
- Nutrisystem: Nutrisystem is a meal delivery service that provides pre-portioned, ready-to-eat meals designed for weight loss. It offers a range of affordable meal plans to suit different dietary preferences.
- Mayo Clinic Diet: The Mayo Clinic Diet is a 12-week program that focuses on sustainable lifestyle changes for weight loss. It offers a comprehensive approach to nutrition and physical activity, making it a more affordable alternative to Jenny Craig.
- Mediterranean Diet: The Mediterranean diet is a flexible and affordable eating plan that emphasizes whole foods, lean proteins, and healthy fats. It doesn’t require any specific products or meal plans, making it a budget-friendly option.
- DASH Diet: The DASH diet is a well-balanced eating plan that focuses on reducing sodium intake and increasing consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. It is a cost-effective alternative to Jenny Craig.
- Flexitarian Diet: The Flexitarian diet allows for occasional meat consumption while promoting plant-based eating. It is a more affordable option compared to Jenny Craig as it doesn’t require specific meal plans or products.
- Volumetrics Diet: The Volumetrics diet categorizes food based on caloric density and emphasizes low-calorie, nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. It offers a cost-effective approach to weight loss.
What’s The Difference Between Optavia and Jenny Craig Diet?
The main difference between Optavia and Jenny Craig is their approach to meal plans. Optavia’s Optimal Weight 5 & 1 Plan consists of six daily meals, with five specially formulated Fuelings. In contrast, Jenny Craig offers one home-delivery plan, which includes 3 meals per day, and one Recharge snack.
What’s The Difference Between Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig Diet?
When comparing Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig, it’s essential to consider their differences. The Jenny Craig program emphasizes personalized coaching, while Nutrisystem provides access to weight loss counselors via phone. Additionally, Jenny Craig offers one meal plan package with additional meals and snacks, while Nutrisystem offers tailored meal plans in six categories.